Welcome to the Greater Kansas City Links Scholarship
Application. To submit this scholarship application you must be an African American
or of African American descent, currently enrolled in a Missouri or Kansas high school as a
graduating senior who has completed their first semester, have a 3.0 GPA
and NO relation to a member of the Links
organization in any way. All applications must be
completed by February 24th for consideration. This includes all
transcripts, official test scoring information, your essay and the 2 letters of
recommendation emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before February 24th.
All of the required information requested on this form will be used
to score your application. You must use a desktop computer to
complete the application. Using a laptop or tablet may resort in an
error and loss of information. Before starting the application
process, make sure you have all of the items listed below, as
information CANNOT be saved in this form. Once you exit
this page, if you do not click the 'Submit' button, the information will
be lost and your application will not be available for
consideration in the scholarship process. It is recommended that you complete certain portions in a word processing document (activities & honors) and then simply paste them into the final application to help with this process.
Required information to begin application process: high school transcripts that contain the 1st quarter of your senior year and your cumulative grade point average, ACT or SAT test scores, your intended college major, a listing of your most significant high school activities,
which includes extracurricular activities, employment
or community service, any honors or achievements you may have between your Freshman and Senior years, an essay
that is 500 words or less that is saved in a word
document, the names, phone number, and addresses of 2
The 2018-2019 Essay Question should address- How would you solve the problems of violence in the Black community, as it pertains to Black on Black crime or police brutality?
1. You must use a desktop computer to complete the application. Using a laptop or tablet may resort in an error and loss of information.
2. Official high school transcripts and official ACT/SAT scores should be available in an electronic format and emailed immediately after the application is submitted to email@example.com
3. The essay should be emailed immediately (along with the transcripts and test scores) after the application is submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Individuals who are providing references should email them to email@example.com prior to the February 24th deadline or the application will be considered incomplete and unable to be considered.
5. If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Sheilahn Davis-Wyatt at firstname.lastname@example.org or 816-591-1962. You may also contact Ms. Malika Simmons at email@example.com